POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cheap Grass take 4 : Cheap Grass take 4 Server Time
17 Aug 2024 14:18:06 EDT (-0400)
  Cheap Grass take 4
From: Rune
Date: 24 Sep 2001 16:06:36
Message: <3baf924c@news.povray.org>
Thanks for all your positive comments on the previous version!

I was not quite satisfied with the transition between the path and the grass
though, so I experimented a bit more with that.

Now, at the expense of speed (a whole 5 minutes), I've added the option to
use grass maps. You can use any function to control the density of the
grass. Granted, the grass map used in this scene is a bit strange, but it
shows clearly what it can be used for. The function used for the grass map
here is a planar pattern function for the path multiplied with a noise3d
function for the random spots of grass.

Hope you like it!

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)